How To Maintain Lung Health
The lung is a vital organ in the human body, therefore it is very important to know how to maintain lung health in order to work more optimally. There are several ways that can be done to maintain lung health as follows.
- Drinking Water – Water is a cure for all diseases in the body. Water contains oxygen that will make the lungs will work more optimally. In addition, water can also clean up any dirt or mucus that is in the lungs.
- Exercise – By doing regular exercise you can practice breathing and can also tighten the breathing muscles so they can breathe well. Simply doing light exercise just like jogging or walking every morning and evening on a regular basis.
- Avoid Exposure to Chlorine Substance – Chlorine can make lung work harder than usual. Chlorine not only comes from food alone but can also come from PDAM water. Therefore, it is better to use filters or filters on tap water so that chlorine does not get carried away.
- Avoid Stress – Lungs are closely related to human emotions. This will cause the lungs to work harder than usual if you are sad, angry, or depressed.
- Maintain Weight – Body that is too fat can make the heart and lungs work heavier because people with fat bodies will require more oxygen.
Research in america found that Medical Cannabis can increase lung capacity. This is contrary to the opinion of many people that marijuana can reduce the capacity and ability of the lungs.
- Avoid Smoking Behavior and Smoking Place – For active smokers, it is certainly not a new thing that he will be at high risk of lung disease. But also the dangers of passive smokers who inhale cigarette smoke also have an even greater risk of lung disease. Pollution can also cause severe lung work and cause lung disease.
- Reduce Consumption of Sugar-Contained Foods – Foods that contain lots of sugars such as chocolate and sweets can cause a buildup of mucus in the lungs that will lead to chronic lung disease.
- Garlic Consumption – Garlic has a substance called allicin that can fight infections and reduce inflammation in the lungs. This substance will be very good for people with asthma and lung infections.
- Consumption of Foods Containing Vitamin C – Vitamin C is one of the nutrients that are essential for the health of the lungs. You can get vitamin C from fruits like oranges. Kiwifruit, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and mango also has a high vitamin C content.